Multimedia Critique
Posted by Matt Cloud
http://www.fotoclubef508.com/post.php?id=274
Jericos, by Anderson Schneider, is an exhibit from Projecto Lambe-Lambe.
I chose this for my multimedia critique for three reasons:
There are a many incredible images contained in this piece.
The excellent editing; both of sound and imagery.
The presentation.
All told, the images speak for themselves. There are a great many of them as well, from what looks like one event. I think that the editing of this multimedia presentation is both its greatest asset and its greatest hindrance to being more.
Clearly not meant to be a “photojournalistic” piece, Jericos opens with incredible audio of the garage seen in the photographs. The presentation of images in sync with the music, the way group shots are often shown in pieces and then as a whole, and the sequencing are all “pros.” However, It would have been nicer if the number of images shown were cut down, as each images barely has enough time to register before fading to black.
I’m a fan of Cake’s music, and I think that the song goes incredibly well with what you see on-screen, but information and audio letting me know who these people are and what they’re doing would have been a better choice. Again, I know it’s to keep the viewer engaged, but I just wanted to know more.
